Our second Q&A session with some of the Era Alaska pilots in Nome worked out so well, Aidan decided to head across the ramp for another.
Here’s Q&A Session 003, recorded last night. Good questions, good answers, and good pizza.
The questions were sent to us via comments on posts, the Contact page, and our Facebook page.
This was another wide-ranging conversation that covered:
- Bypassing the SIC program at Era
- Does having aerobatic training help you get a job (or fly) in the Alaskan bush?
- What sort of flying can you do with one airplane and a Part 135 certificate?
- Flying skydivers
- Moving into civilian flying from the military
- Wildlife survey flying
- Aerial firefighting
- Cessna 406 jobs
- Low time pilot jobs
- What kind of airplane to buy to build time
- Making the transition from sea captain to bush pilot
- U.S. work permits for foreign pilots
- Aviation in China
- Flying jobs and flight training in Russia
Plus, Aidan finds out who bought his old Luscombe.
Press the Play icon to begin streaming the audio, or right-click the text link and choose Save As or Save Link.
Have questions of your own? Add a comment below (or in any post). Or, send us a message using the form on the Contact page. We’ll try to get you an answer in our next Q&A session.
Better yet, become a member of Oddball Pilot, get access to the Oddball Pilot Network, and hear what oddball pilots from around the world have to say!